Heriot-Watt strives to promote equality of opportunity within its workforce. Learn more about some of our current equality initiatives, including Unconscious Bias Training and the Equality and Diversity Advisory Group and on the Equality and diversity page.
Heriot-Watt is committed to the development of all of its staff, and a wide range of development opportunities exist.
- Our Organisational Development team provides a range of Leadership and Professional development opportunities that are available to all colleagues.
- Our Centre for Academic Leadership and Development provides training and development opportunities for our academic community including PhD students and Early Career Researchers.
There are a number of courses designed specifically to support women and carers:
- Heriot-Watt participates in the Aurora Women in Leadership programme, the programme recruits once a year.
- The University offers Maternity and Paternity Coaching for staff.
- We work closely with Equate Scotland who offer a number of training opportunities for Women in SET.