Professional development and funding
Heriot-Watt strives to promote equality of opportunity within its workforce. Learn more about some of our current equality initiatives on our equality, diversity and inclusion webpages.
Heriot-Watt is committed to the development of all of its staff, and a wide range of development opportunities exist.
- Our Professional and Organisational Development team provides a range of career development guidance and resources (internal link only) that are available to all colleagues.
- Our Research Futures Academy provides training and development opportunities for our researcher community including PhD students and Early Career Researchers.
- Our Learning and Teaching Academy provides tailored development programmes for educators.
There are a number of courses designed specifically to support women and carers:
- Heriot-Watt participates in the Aurora Women in Leadership programme, the programme recruits once a year.
- The University offers Maternity and Paternity Coaching for staff.
- We work closely with Equate Scotland who offer a number of training opportunities for Women in SET.