Our four Research Engagement divisions provide progressive and comprehensive expertise to unlock potential and achieve research excellence and impact.
Support and assistance spans the breadth of engagement, from supporting researchers with the development of research proposals and bids to working with industry on R&D and knowledge exchange projects, and public engagement.
Here is a brief summary of all the teams – please contact Research Engagement with any questions or come and vist us in the Research Engagement Hub.
Research and Business Development
Supporting and enabling the University to achieve its Strategic objective to diversify and grow its external research income and manage research awards effectively and efficiently.
- Research Development - providing specialist support for academic staff seeking to win research funding. Contact ResearchDevelopment@hw.ac.uk
- Global Challenge Research Fund - supporting the implementation of the University’s GCRF Strategy. Contact GCRF@hw.ac.uk
- Business Development - delivering the University's strategic objectives in diversifying funding and increasing research income from industry and business. Contact BusinessDevelopment@hw.ac.uk
- Research Grants Office - post-award management of the University's externally funded research grants, contracts and other funding. Contact ResearchGrants@hw.ac.uk
- Protecting the interests of the University in its research and knowledge exchange activities, and supporting its Excelling in Research and Enterprise strategy. Contact ResearchContracts@hw.ac.uk
Policy, Strategy and Impact
- Supporting the University in achieving its strategic objectives in research excellence and increasing engagement with research. Contact: PSI@hw.ac.uk | Engage@hw.ac.uk | REF@hw.ac.uk
Research Futures Academy
The Research Futures Academy supports the development of our researchers, collaboration opportunities.and research culture internationally. Contact ResearchFutures@hw.ac.uk