Scholarships and bursaries
Each year, hundreds of students enhance their educational experience through a variety of Heriot-Watt and externally funded scholarships, including opportunities funded by the University's generous alumni community, based all over the globe.
The University supports scholarship provision with:
- £10m to support fees scholarships (including £3m for students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- £1.5m to support maintenance (living cost) bursaries for students from England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- £7.5m to support scholarships and bursary payments to home/EU/overseas students.
There are a number of bursaries and scholarships available to Scottish students. In particular the University offers access bursaries to students from low income families, those with prior experience of care and other widening access backgrounds.
Search our undergraduate scholarships for other opportunities.
Heriot-Watt University welcomes students from all over the world. This year, we are providing support by awarding over £500,000 in scholarships to international fee-paying students enrolling in September 2022 or January 2023.
In most instances, scholarships awarded to international fee-paying students will be awarded as a £1,500 fee abatement.
For more information on available scholarships, international fee-paying students should email their Regional Team Manager. Contact details for Regional teams can be found below:
- South East Asia: Rachel Yap (email@example.com)
- Pakistan and MENA (Middle East and North Africa): Ali Khan (ali.Khan@hw.ac.uk)
- Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa: Fiona Eke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- India, Nepal and Sri Lanka: Sabarinath Vijayakumar (email@example.com)
- America and Europe: Christopher Crame (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- East Asia: Zhongi Wang (email@example.com) and Zibo Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
International merit awards
Information for students enrolling in September 2022 or January 2023 will be provided soon.
Browse our scholarships and bursaries
MENA and Pakistan Scholarship
- MENA and Pakistan
We disburse over £6 million a year in fee and stipend scholarships - more than 400 students benefit from scholarship awards.