Scottish Borders open days
Our open days are held in October and November and the dates for Autumn 2024 are still to be confirmed. Sign up to our emails to be the first to hear the dates and for news about Heriot-Watt University.
Interested in postgraduate study?
Visit our postgraduate events page.
What to expect
The Scottish Borders campus in Galashiels is home to students studying fashion, textiles, and design subjects. At our open day you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the university experience and discover more about the subject you are interested in studying. You’ll have the chance to tour our impressive facilities and meet staff and students.
Have a question about our open days?
What happens at an open day?
Our open days run from 10am to 3pm. Visitors can arrive any time from 10am and stay as long as they like.
- Attend information and subject talks. These run at different points throughout the day.
- See where you could be living and what our campus accommodation is like.
- Join a guided campus tour.
- Hear from current students about their university experience.
- Chat to academics and staff at their dedicated stands.
- Discover our food outlets at The Union and cafeteria. They will be open and serve snacks, sandwiches, hot food, teas, and coffees.
Can't make an open day?
Join us for a guided campus tour. These take place regularly and are available to book by emailing our Student Recruitment team.