The Exchange Programme enables you to study outside of Europe as part of your degree programme, usually for a full academic year. Most mobility opportunities operate as an exchange and Heriot-Watt has a number of international exchange partnerships outside of Europe. Due to the agreements with our exchange partners, you will not pay tuition fees to the institution you study at abroad.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for Exchange you must:
- be enrolled on a Heriot-Watt degree programme in the UK
- have completed at least one year of higher education
- be on an approved credit-bearing study placement
- study at an institution that has a bilateral partnership agreement with Heriot-Watt
- spend between 3 – 12 months abroad on the placement(s).
You should discuss this with your academic co-ordinator to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for your programme.
Find out more about: