Our Exchange Programme gives you the opportunity to study or work at our partner institutions across the world, as part of your degree programme, usually for one semester or a full academic year.
There are great benefits to taking part in a student exchange programme. You can visit a new country, meet new people and experience a new way of life. Graduates with international experience are actively sought by employers.
Students participating in an exchange placement are awarded credit which counts towards their degree marks.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for Exchange you must:
- be enrolled on a Heriot-Watt degree programme at the UK Campus
- have completed at least one year of higher education
- be on an approved credit-bearing study placement
- study at an institution that has a bilateral partnership agreement with Heriot-Watt
- spend between 3 – 12 months abroad on the placement(s).
You should discuss this with your academic co-ordinator to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for your programme.
If you are currently studying at a university outside of the UK and are interested in taking part in an exchange to Heriot-Watt, please contact email@example.com.
Heriot-Watt students should contact the Global Student Office.