Heriot Watt Multi-Code
The 4-Part Code of Practice applies to all of the University's educational provision, but focuses primarily on the management of programmes across multiple campuses and through Approved Learning Partners (ALPs), since this type of provision is the largest in terms of scale of the University’s non-UK campus academic activity. However, the principles and accompanying explanations apply, where appropriate, to programmes delivered through independent distance learning format and to programmes where a portion of study is spent on study placement, exchange or industrial placement.
The Core Purposes of the 4-Part Code are:
- to ensure that the University’s and Schools’ policies and procedures provide a framework for:
- the assurance of the academic standards of multi-location, multi-mode programmes, and
- the enhancement of the quality of the learning experience of students undertaking programmes outwith the UK campuses.
- to provide a framework, which:
- supports current and future international activity,
- is as rigorous, secure and open to scrutiny as that in place for programmes provided on the UK campuses through conventional teaching methods,
- safeguards academic standards
- helps to manage the potential risks posed by challenges and complexities in the arrangements for multi-location, multi-mode programmes
For more information on the 4 Part Code of Practice, please visit our quality SharePoint site - COP-Multi-Code (staff only)