The School of Engineering and Physical Sciences is active in a wide range of research areas, supported by strong external funding. These provide many opportunities for your imagination to be stimulated, whether you are interested in fundamental questions or applying your knowledge to real-life problems.
- Institute of Chemical Sciences
- Institute of Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering
- Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems
- Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering
- Institute of Photonic and Quantum Sciences
PhD, EngD and postgraduate research
- Studying for a PhD by Research
- PhD project vacancies
- CDT Applied Photonics
- CDT Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Condensed Matter CDT
- CDT Embedded Intelligence
- Multiplexed Optical and Molecular Sensing and Imaging IRC
See our teaching section for information about MSc programmes.