The School of Engineering and Physical Sciences is active in a wide range of research areas, supported by strong external funding. These provide many opportunities for your imagination to be stimulated, whether you are interested in fundamental questions or applying your knowledge to real-life problems.
Every Postgraduate Research student and their supervisors are part of a Research Institute within the School:
- Institute of Chemical Sciences
- Institute of Biological Chemistry, Biophysics and Bioengineering
- Institute of Sensors, Signals and Systems
- Institute of Mechanical, Process and Energy Engineering
- Institute of Photonic and Quantum Sciences
PhD, EngD and Postgraduate Research
MSc (taught) programmes
See our teaching section for information about MSc programmes.