For information on how to access Texthelp on the network, contact:
Laetitia Grobbelaar, Student Advisor, Tel: +971 4 4358796 Email: L.firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistive software on the campus network
We currently offer Texthelp Read & Write software for students using our network.
Texthelp Read & Write Gold is an easy to use toolbar containing support tools to make reading, writing and research easier for you. Features include:
- Text-to-Speech: Have text read back to you from Word and PDF documents, emails, websites.
- Text-to-Audio File: Turn text into an audio file, such as an MP3.
- Phonetic Spell Checking: Easily check your document for spelling errors.
- Dictionary: Provides definitions and alternative words. Basic, Advanced and Online Dictionaries
- Screen Masking: Mask out all or part of the screen with a tint colour of your choice.
We have created some short training videos covering features such as Setting up the toolbar, spell checking, text-to-speech, screen tinting, making documents more accessible, and how to use the Office Lens APP with Texthelp.
Texthelp also provide a free training portal for users who wish to learn more about the software.
Useful apps for phones and tablets
A selection of apps for both Android and iOS that we consider useful for study, organisation and general well-being.