Student medical insurance

Students under the University's visa will have an insurance package negotiated each year. Students receive this information when they initiate a new visa or a visa renewal with the Visa Office

Students not under the University‚Äôs visa will have insurance through their sponsor (eg. employer, family), which will vary.


For a short absence, defined as up to four working days, you will normally need to fill in a self-certification form and submit it to your School Office. For longer absences, medical evidence may be required. For further information please refer to our website regarding sickness certificates.