Students of determination
Support for students of determination
(UK: Disability Support)
Heriot-Watt University recognises that university study can present barriers to learning for people with physical, mental health, sensory and medical conditions, and specific learning difficulties.
The Student Wellbeing Service is here to provide you with advice and guidance, to discuss the support that you require and the steps that we need to take to enable you to access this support. We can also signpost you to other relevant services. We are available to answer your enquiries via email, telephone or to meet you face to face.
If you are a prospective student please refer to our application, selection and admissions page for further information about accessing help.
If you are a current student and you have, or think that you may have a disability, medical or mental health condition, or a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia which is now beginning to impact on your studies, please contact Dubai.Determination@hw.ac.uk.
The services provided by our student wellbeing advisor include:
- assessment of your individual support needs
- advising on alternative examination arrangements
- assistance in finding personal helpers for reading, scribing, tutoring, etc.
- liaising with academic and other support departments in order to administer support arrangements
- initial screening for dyslexia
- arranging for educational psychologist assessments
- assessments of technology requirements
- assistive technology provision and on-going technical support
- arranging study skills support to help you develop strategies to study effectively and efficiently.
Please see our Students of Determination Policy for further information.
Our wellbeing policy.
Information can be made available in alternative formats if required. Please contact Dubai Students of Determination at Dubai.Determination@hw.ac.uk