This service aims to enhance learning and support students through the provision of classroom-based workshops and one-to-one appointments.
We offer a number of study skills classes throughout the year that are designed to help students achieve their academic potential, covering topics such as:
- Planning and organising (time management, organising coursework and balancing priorities).
- Academic goal setting and maintaining motivation.
- Effective note taking and note making strategies.
- Critical reading and evaluating information.
- Academic writing skills.
- Revision and exam techniques.
- Reflective learning practices.
Professional support is also available through one-to-one appointments with students who wish to improve the way they study and attain greater academic success at the university.
For more information, see the Academic Study Skills guide.