Global Effective Learning Service
This service aims to enhance learning and support students through the provision of classroom-based workshops and one-to-one appointments.
We offer a number of study skills classes throughout the year that are designed to help students achieve their academic potential, covering topics such as:
- Planning and organising (time management, organising coursework and balancing priorities).
- Academic goal setting and maintaining motivation.
- Effective note taking and note making strategies.
- Critical reading and evaluating information.
- Academic writing skills.
- Revision and exam techniques.
- Reflective learning practices.
We produce materials and deliver live classes for the Skills Hub, and also teach on programmes and courses.
Professional support is also available through one-to-one appointments with students who wish to improve the way they study and attain greater academic success at the university.
For more information, visit the Skills Hub or contact your campus Learning Adviser.