Each School has a designated Liaison Librarian, who is based at the Edinburgh or Scottish Borders Campus and is available to provide support on a range of information skills, including:
- Citing and referencing.
- Literature searching.
- Evaluating information sources.
- Using EndNote.
They provide classes, including webinars, as part of the Skills Hub programme and are available to teach in class. Staff and students can also email them with enquiries or to set up one-to-one appointments, either face-to-face or by Skype.
There are also Subject Guides, which have a lot of information and resources to support you (including contact details for your librarian).
To find out more, contact your School's Liaison Librarian by emailing them directly or at ISHelp@hw.ac.uk.
- School of Social Sciences (Languages and Intercultural Studies), Global College and PSE
- School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society (except the International Centre for Island Technology)
- School of Social Sciences (Business and Psychology)
- School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- School of Textiles and Design
- School of Engineering and Physical Sciences, and the International Centre for Island Technology