With SPSS predictive analytics software, you can predict with confidence what will happen next so that you can make smarter decisions, solve problems and improve outcomes.
You can find out more about SPSS and what it can do for you on the SPSS webpages
Students: Both SPSS Statistics 25 and SPSS Amos 25 are available on the HWU student desktop.
Staff: You can install SPSS Statistics 25 and SPSS Amos 25 from the Software Center.
The installs are: -
- IBM SPSS 25 - Statistics Premium Bundle
- SPSS Amos 25
SPSS is also available for unsupported machines and home use.
To run SPSS
- Start, (All Progams,) IBM SPSS Statistics, IBM SPSS Statistics 25
To run Amos
- Start, (All Progams,) IBM SPSS Statistics, IBM SPSS Amos 25, ...
Download from WebStore
To download SPSS for home use
- Go to the webstore at https://hw.ac.onthehub.com
- Sign in using your HWU UserID and password.
See SPSS download instructions (under Documents)
Unsupported staff PC
If you would like to install SPSS on an unsupported staff PC or laptop please speak to your school IT support.
Presidion (SPSS) Academic Portal
The Presidion Academic portal provides training, videos, tutorials, faqs etc to help you get started using SPSS.
To register to access the portal (students and lecturers)
- Go to presidion.com/academic-portal
- Click on “Not a member? Register”
- Fill out the form using your HWU email address - an email will be sent to the email address entered allowing you to verify your account
- Click on the link provided to verify the email and you will be sent your registration details
You are automatically (regardless of whether you registered as a student or a lecturer) granted student access
For students, the registration process ends here.
If you are a lecturer, you need to provide proof that you are a lecturer before being granted lecturer access.
This can be anything from a link to the HWU website with your information displayed on it, to an email from your Head of Department confirming that you are indeed a lecturer.
Once Presidion receive this information they will change your user status to lecturer (but in the meantime you can log in with student access).
There is a feedback area in the portal so that you can let Presidion know what you think of the service, suggest improvements etc.
We would also be interested to hear any comments that you have about the portal – let us know by emailing email@example.com.