Microsoft Office 365 is the current version of Office installed on the HWU student and staff desktop.
Users can choose to enable additional language features in Office 365 e.g. spell checkers, keyboard layouts, display and help system languages on the HWU managed desktops.
For guidance on these features see: -
- Enabling spellcheckers and keyboards for additional languages
- Enabling additional display and help languages
Free for staff and students
Microsoft Office is free to staff and students under the terms of our Office 365 licence.
This is the full version of Office giving you access to the most current version of Office, which is currently:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Teams and OneDrive for Business
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
To qualify for the software you must be
- a current student on an active course
- a member of staff using Office 365
You can download and use the applications until your University student account expires after graduation, or you stop working for the university.
You can install Office on 5 devices across Windows and Mac platforms and 5 mobile devices - up to 10 personal devices in total. The software will run locally on your device (so you don’t need to be connected to the Internet to use it).
Quick How To….
- Log into Office 365 at https://portal.office.com/
- Click on the 'Install Office' button and follow the instructions.
Also available: -
- OneDrive cloud storage (with 1TB storage)
- Apps for iPad and Android