Passwords and PINs
HWU UserID and Password
Staff and students have a UserID and password that is used to access the university computer systems. This is used to log into a number of centrally supported services e.g.
- University desktop PCs
- Library resources e.g. databases and other electronic resources when off-campus
Passwords should : -
- be at least eight characters in length
- contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numbers (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %)
- Not contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters
We'll never ask for your password by email, phone or in person - nor should anyone else.
You can reset or change your password at: - https://my.hw.ac.uk/passwords
Person ID and PIN
You will also have a Person ID and PIN number. Your PersonID and PIN is used when accessing the Student Administration System (SAS) - a secure online area where you can enrol, find your exam results and update personal address and email information.
Information on the Person ID can be found on the Self-Service Secure login page.
Staff and students are able to update their Self-Service PIN from the login page - simply follow the onscreen instructions.
Scottish Borders Campus User name and Password
Your Person ID (without the letter “H”) is the User name and Password for Campus PCs and iMacs.
It is also used to access Campus MFDs (Multi-Function Devices which provide printing, copying and scanning).
To change your Campus password
- Log in to a Campus PC
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
- Select Change a password
If you have forgotten your password, or need to have it reset, you can:
- phone the Campus Helpdesk on 01896-66-2645
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit the Helpdesk in the ICT Office (Room 0.051)