For over 40 years Heriot-Watt has been a leader in Applied Mathematics.
In partnership with the University of Edinburgh we host the Maxwell Institute Graduate School in Analysis and its Applications (MIGSAA), a Centre for Doctoral Training that provides high quality instruction in analysis and the applications of analysis to a wide range of areas, from pure analysis to applied mathematics relevant for scientific, engineering, environmental or social challenges.
Our broad range of high-quality research underpins our teaching and encompasses problems including mathematical biology and ecology, computational mathematics, analysis and algebra, industrial and applied problems, and mathematical physics.
We offer a dynamic environment for postgraduate study with excellent links to business and industry which provide students with opportunities to gain hands-on experience of real-world problems, and a gateway into employment.
- Applied Mathematical Sciences MSc/Diploma
- Applied Mathematical Sciences (2 years) MSc/Diploma
- Applied Mathematical Sciences Climate Change Modelling MSc/Diploma
- Applied Mathematical Sciences with Biological and Ecological Modelling MSc/Diploma MSc/Diploma
- Computational Mathematics MSc/Diploma
- Graduate Certificate in the Mathematical Sciences Diploma/Certificate
- Mathematical Biology, Ecology and Medicine MSc/Diploma
- Mathematics MSc/Diploma
- Quantitative Finance and Mathematics MSc/Diploma