Each year, hundreds of students enhance their educational experience through a variety of Heriot-Watt and externally funded Scholarships, including opportunities funded by the University's generous Alumni community, based all over the globe.
The University supports scholarship provision with:
- £10m to support fees Scholarships (including £3m for rest of UK (RUK) students)
- £1.5m to support maintenance (living cost) bursaries for RUK students.
- £7.5m to support Scholarships and Bursary payments to home/EU/overseas students.
Heriot-Watt Scholarships for 2018/19 entry
If you plan to study on-campus in Scotland from 2018/19, you may be eligible for one of our 72 new Heriot-Watt scholarships. Successful Scholars will benefit from a fee reduction in one of three categories:
- Heriot-Watt Distinction Scholarships – 100% reduction (for overseas applicants only)
- Heriot-Watt Excellence Scholarships – 50% reduction (for overseas applicants only)
- Heriot-Watt Merit Scholarships – 25% reduction (for overseas applicants), £2,000 reduction (for Home/EU/Rest of UK applicants).
The new Undergraduate scholarships are open to overseas applicants and the new are open to all applicants. Applicants applying to study by Independence Distance Learning are not eligible for these scholarships.