Each year, hundreds of students enhance their educational experience through a variety of Heriot-Watt and externally funded scholarships, including opportunities funded by the University's generous alumni community, based all over the globe.
The University supports scholarship provision with:
- £10m to support fees scholarships (including £3m for rest of UK (RUK) students)
- £1.5m to support maintenance (living cost) bursaries for RUK students.
- £7.5m to support scholarships and bursary payments to home/EU/overseas students.
Heriot-Watt Scholarships for 2018/19 entry - currently closed for application as deadline has passed.
If you plan to study on-campus in Scotland from 2018/19, you may be eligible for one of our 72 new Heriot-Watt scholarships. Successful Scholars will benefit from a fee reduction in one of three categories:
- Heriot-Watt Distinction Scholarships – 100% reduction (for overseas undergraduate and postgraduate taught applicants only)
- Heriot-Watt Excellence Scholarships – 50% reduction (for overseas undergraduate and postgraduate taught applicants only)
- Heriot-Watt Merit Scholarships – 25% reduction (for overseas applicants undergraduate and postgraduate taught applicants only), £2,000 reduction (for Home/EU/Rest of UK postgraduate taught applicants only).
The new Undergraduate scholarships are open only to overseas applicants and the new postgraduate taught scholarships are open to all applicants. Applicants applying to study by Independence Distance Learning are not eligible for these scholarships.