Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population.
We have about 65 students from Thailand, almost all of whom are studying postgraduate programmes.
Previous students from Thailand have studied:
- MA Business Management
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MSc Energy
- MSc Renewable Energy Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Real Estate Management and Development
- BSc Actuarial Science
- BSc Computer Science
Meet our graduates from Thailand
Dawjai, MSc Energy, 2012
Heriot–Watt's Edinburgh Campus is very nice with beautiful scenery and various facilities. There is a small forest with a lake and lots of space for walking, running and relaxing. Students can use Oriam, Scotland's Sports Performance Centre. for fitness, football and indoor and outdoor sports. There is also a library, professional laboratories and large group study rooms.
The University is less than an hour's bus ride into the capital city center, where there is great shopping, food, entertainment, and culture.
I graduated from MSc Energy Engineering. The programme is very interesting and I would recommend it to anybody. The work is really hands-on, the lecturers are approachable and many classes are based on group-learning, involving each student in discussions.
Ekkapong Siriphan, MSc Strategic Project Management, 2013
I studied MSc Strategic Project Management from 2012-2013 at Heriot-Watt University. The programme is quite challenging and includes examinations, presentations and group projects. It encourages students to be professional project managers or senior managers and provides the tools and techniques required.
The Edinburgh Campus has beautiful nature and an international atmosphere, with students from across the world. Heriot-Watt is continually developing an academic environment and investing in the future by expanding the campuses in UK and other regions, i.e. Malaysia and Dubai.
In my opinion, the city of Edinburgh is one of the best places in the world. It is a compact and varied place with world heritage sites, beautiful tourist attractive places and peaceful nature.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you hold MAW 6, unfortunately you do not meet our entry requirements. You will need to do a foundation course as well. We offer Foundation Programmes at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses:
- We normally require students studying towards MAW6 to complete a foundation programme for entry to undergraduate study. Foundation programmes are offered at our Malaysia and Dubai campuses.
- For most of our masters-level programmes we require a good first degree in a relevant subject, ideally with a GPA of 3.0. However, students with lower GPA scores (2.5 and over) may sometimes be considered. Other factors such as the relevance of the subjects studied and the institution that awarded the degree will also be taken into account. Any relevant work experience will also be considered.
Applicants for postgraduate programmes with a minimum 2.8 GPA who have studied to at least bachelor’s degree level entirely in the English language may be considered for exemption from standard English language requirements on a case-by-case basis.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
- International Fee Scholarships (School of Textiles & Design)
- International Scholarships Programme (School of Engineering & Physical Sciences)
- Chevening Scholarships
Our representatives in Thailand
We work with approved representatives in Thailand who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative