The University guarantees to make all new full time students in their first year of study, an offer of accommodation, on campus. You are covered by the guarantee if:
- you are a new full time student, for a full academic year, starting from September,
- you have a conditional insurance, conditional firm or unconditional firm offer of a place at the Univeristy,
- you apply for accommodation online before the closing date - 12:00 midday (BST) on 26 June 2023.
In this guarantee we also include:
- direct entrants to year 2 or 3, studying full-time, for a full academic year
- students with care experience
Visiting students/ single-semester
Although not covered in our guarantee, we are usually able to accommodate requests for accommodation for visiting students, or students who are studying with us for just one semester, depending on availability. Please contact email@example.com in the first instance.
Students with disabilities or extra support needs
A number of rooms on campus have been purpose built and are fully accessible. Our Student Advisor can give you more information.
If you are an international student, you must contact us in advance so that we can assess whether we are able to meet your support and care needs in the residences.
As all of our rooms are single occupancy, we don’t have family accommodation on campus, but if you contact the SBC Accommodation Office, they may be able to assist with your enquiries for off campus, private lets. We recommend that you travel to Galashiels on your own first, before making arrangements for your family to join you.
Accommodation Office (Scottish Borders Campus)
- +44 (0)1896 892273 / 01896 892270
- Student Wellbeing Advisor (SBC)