Our Real Estate programmes are delivered by the Institute for Social Policy, Housing and Equalities Research.
Study in a centre of expertise
The Institute for Social Policy, Housing and Equalities Research is widely regarded as one of the UK's foremost social and urban policy research centres. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) assessment, the Institute’s joint submission with the University of Edinburgh was ranked 1st in Scotland and 2nd the UK.
Degrees within this subject are accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), with the Real Estate and Planning programme also being accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Access industry expertise
All programmes within the Real Estate subject benefit from the expertise of research-active and industry-minded staff. A number of honorary professors from industry also provide guest lectures on the programme and advise on student research projects. These include Douglas Smith, Chair of CBRE Scotland, David Hunter of Hunter Advisers and Edward Trevillion of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership.
- Affordability, Housing Markets and Private Renting
- Commercial Property Markets
- Comparative Housing and Urban Research
- Diversity/Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Homelessness and Social Exclusion
- Housing Design, Development and Regeneration
- Housing Policy, Housing Management and Governance
- Neighbourhoods and Deprivation