Computer Science is highly rated at Heriot-Watt: we are ranked 12th in the UK by The Guardian league tables (2016) and we are consistently rated in the top third of computer science departments in the UK for our research and teaching quality.
We conduct world leading and internationally recognised research across the spectrum of computer science enabling us to adopt a research-led approach to our teaching.
As a founder member of the Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, which brings together the top computing departments in Scotland, we provide an enriched research environment for our graduates.
We offer advanced, specialist and interdisciplinary programmes, some with topical options for science, engineering and maths graduates, all of which are accredited by the British Computer Society.
- Artificial Intelligence MSc/Diploma
- Artificial Intelligence with Speech and Multimodal Interaction MSc/Diploma
- Business Information Management MSc/Diploma
- Computer Systems Management MSc/Diploma
- Data Science MSc/Diploma
- Information Technology (Business) MSc/Diploma
- Information Technology (Graduate Diploma) Diploma
- Information Technology (Software Systems) MSc/Diploma
- Network Security MSc/Diploma
- Software Engineering MSc/Diploma
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Biologically-inspired Computing MPhil/PhD
- Computer Games and Interactive Narrative MPhil/PhD
- Dependable Computing and Foundations MPhil/PhD
- Intelligent Systems Laboratory
- Natural Language Processing PhD
- Parallel and Distributed Systems MPhil/PhD
- Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing MPhil/PhD
- Speech Technology PhD