Student life at Heriot-Watt
We pride ourselves on being an international university; international students make up about one third of our student population. Each year we welcome between 20 and 30 students from Pakistan to our Scottish campuses as well as large numbers to our campus in Dubai.
Previous students from Pakistan have studied:
- MA Accountancy & Finance
- MA Business Management
- MSc Information Technology (Business)
- Construction Project Management (BSc/MSc)
- MA Fashion & Textiles Design
- MSc Fashion & Textiles Management
Heriot-Watt students are able to join in with over 50 student societies through which they can participate in different activities from academic societies through sports and interest groups such as drama and music among other things.
Meet our graduates from Pakistan
Naveed Manji, MSc Strategic Project Management
Heriot-Watt is one of my favourite universities; it has not only fostered my entire personality but has also made me capable of facing everyday's challenges. There's an African proverb that goes, “Wherever man goes to dwell his character goes with him." Rightly, Heriot-Watt truly enabled me to attain wisdom and a clear conscience.
I did my BA (Hons) Business Administration at Middlesex University before applying for my MSc Strategic Project Management at Heriot-Watt. I am glad to tell you that it has been an amazing and tremendous ride doing my Masters at Heriot-Watt University Dubai. Right after doing my Masters I got back to Pakistan again and joined Vita Pakistan Limited, a well known and well established food processing company in Pakistan. I started as a Production Director, and have spent the last 3 years here gaining multifarious and diverse experience. I plan to do my double masters at London School of Economics next. It’s all due to Heriot-Watt which enabled me to broaden my horizons.
I think prospective candidates should know that Heriot-Watt will transform their way of thinking. They should expect to be motivated and inspired in ways that they haven't been before. In class, you have to be able to quickly break down the problems and tackle those problems that are central to the issue at hand which helps to jog your brains and think out of the box. I can simply say that my strongest development was in building a plan for where I wanted to go from there. It motivated me to think about business school as part of where I wanted to be in the future and that was just Heriot-Watt. Indeed, Heriot-Watt is a great access to knowledge society which open doors to many opportunities.
For more details on our application process, get help with your application.
These entry requirements are intended as a guide only. Please contact us or the School's admissions tutor to find out the actual requirements for the programme you want to study.
- If you would like to study in the UK and do not meet the entry requirements for our degree programmes, we recommend that you take an International Foundation Programme at Edinburgh College. Here you will sit Scottish Highers as well as studying academic English language. Successful completion of this will allow you to apply for a degree programme at Heriot-Watt and receive a 10% fee reduction off the first year's tuition fees.
- Foundation Programmes are also available at our Dubai and Malaysia campuses.
- Secondary school certificate or higher secondary school certificate - students with this high school qualification are required to take a foundation pathway before beginning an undergraduate degree. This leads to either 1st or 2nd year entry on a degree programme, depending on grades achieved. See our Foundation page for more information.
- A four year bachelors degree in a relevant subject from an HEC recognised institution in Pakistan with 60% or above, will be considered.
English language requirements
If you do not meet our English language requirements, you can apply to one of our academic English programmes, which are specifically designed to prepare you with the language and study skills needed for academic study.
Tuition fees are listed alongside each programme in the online prospectuses.
Tuition fees are higher for international students. If you are unsure what your residency status is, you can complete a fee status enquiry form, which allows us to assess whether you have a relevant connection to the UK that might positively influence your fee status:
Learn more about applying for student support in Scotland.
Scholarships and bursaries
At Heriot-Watt we believe that a university education is an investment in your future. That is why we offer a generous package of scholarships to encourage and support well qualified, ambitious students to come and study with us. See the full list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
The following scholarships are available to all international students who choose to study at Heriot-Watt:
Our representatives in Pakistan
We work with approved representatives in Pakistan who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Find your nearest representative