- Employers can submit their vacancies via our online vacancy system or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone enquirers will be asked to follow up their telephone call by one of the aforementioned methods.
- The Careers Service does not pre-select students or graduates for any employer.
- We only advertise vacancies that comply with the employment legislation of the country where the job will be located.
- There is no charge made to employers for advertising vacancies.
- We require a minimum amount of information to compose a meaningful job advertisement. If the required information is not supplied, we reserve the right to reject that vacancy.
- We advertise vacancies on the Careers Service’s online vacancy system.
- We classify employers and job types using the AGCAS classification system.
- Vacancies remain on the public site until the employer’s specified closing date. If a vacancy is filled, the employer should log-in to the vacancy system immediately so that the vacancy can be withdrawn.
- The Careers Service reserves the right not to accept, or to withdraw, any notified vacancy at any time.
The Careers Service can advertise the following kinds of vacancy:
- Graduate level vacancies with an immediate start date.
- Graduate level vacancies for finalists with a future start date e.g. traditional ‘Milkround’ style graduate recruitment schemes.
- Graduate and/or Finalist recruitment schemes available throughout the year.
- Undergraduate placement schemes e.g. Summer Internships.
- Vacation work for current students.
- Part-time, term-time work for current students.
- Voluntary work with registered charitable organisations.
We do not handle any vacancies that, to our knowledge:
- Are commission-only or 'On Target Earnings' based.
- Involve any form of financial investment by the applicant.
- Do not comply with the National Living Wage in the UK or any other aspect of employment law relevant to the country in which the job is located.
- Illegally discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, socio-economic status, age, religion or belief or sexual preference.
- We do not normally advertise work that involves any form of self-employment, but reserve the right to do so at our sole discretion. At minimum, we expect any organisation offering this kind of work to be willing to provide support and advice as needed with regard to tax returns etc.
We do not post advertisements for students to register with an agency.We do advertise specific vacancies for named employers that choose to act through a recruitment agency.
If more than one agency submits the same vacancy we will act in favour of the first agency to contact us unless instructed otherwise by the employer. If an agency submits a vacancy already advertised by the employer in their own right or the employer submits a vacancy already sourced through an agency, we will advertise the employer’s own vacancy (removing / rejecting the agency versions as necessary) unless instructed otherwise by the employer.
Terms of advertising
- Our vacancy advertising services are free of charge.
- All the information you provide for the advert must be true and not misleading in any respect.
- We reserve the right to alter or edit your advert at our sole discretion.
- By sending your advert to us you are requesting that the advert appears on our vacancy system website.
- We shall place the advert on our website within a reasonable time of receipt of your advert.
Equality and diversity
- We subscribe to the AGCAS/Association of Graduate Recruiters/NUS Code of Best Practice in Recruitment.
- We do our best to ensure that all vacancy information complies with the AGCAS Equal Opportunities Policy and Code of Practice for Member Services
- We do not advertise vacancies that could be construed as unfairly or unlawfully discriminatory. Specifically, we do not advertise vacancies which:
- contravene national minimum wage (NMW) legislation (i.e. offer a salary below the minimum wage or no salary at all, unless the job is voluntary work for a registered charity)
- specify applicants only of a certain gender, ethnic background or age unless there are legal exceptions.
- discriminate against applicants with disabilities.
- We do not accept liability for information provided by employers that is misleading or inaccurate, and we include a disclaimer to this effect below.