Edinburgh open days
Our open days are held in September and October and the dates for Autumn 2024 are still to be confirmed. Sign up to our emails to be the first to hear the dates and for news about Heriot-Watt University.
Interested in postgraduate study?
Visit our postgraduate events page.
What to expect
At our open days you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the university experience and discover more about the subject(s) you are interested in studying. You’ll have the chance to meet staff and students, explore our beautiful 380-acre campus and get a feel for everything that student life at Heriot-Watt has to offer.
Have a question about our open days?
What happens at an open day?
Our open days run from 10am to 4pm. Visitors can arrive any time from 10am and stay as long as they like.
- Attend information and subject talks. These run at different points throughout the day.
- See where you could be living and what our campus accommodation is like.
- Join a guided campus tour or take a self-guided tour so you can explore campus at your own pace.
- Hear from current students about their university experience.
- Chat to academics and staff at their dedicated stands.
- Discover the shop and range of food outlets. They will be open and serve snacks, sandwiches, hot food, teas, and coffees.
Can’t make an open day?
Join us for a guided or self-guided campus tour. These take place regularly and are available to book online.