Heriot-Watt Access Bursaries (Scotland)
All Scottish students from widening participation backgrounds can apply. We use the definitions provided in our Fair Access Policy to help identify eligible students. Approximately 50 awards of £1000 per year are available. You should be holding either a conditional or unconditional offer from us.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria. You can find more information on what these criteria mean on our widening participation pages:
- Students from a priority postcode - see our ‘coming from school’ pages
- Students from a low progression school that is part of the Scottish government’s Schools for Higher Education Programme (SHEP) – see our ‘coming from school’ page-
- eg Aspire North, Focus West, LEAPS, Lift Off
- Students who are part of the LEAPS programme but not in a SHEP school
- Scottish college students who are going into year two or year three of a University degree from an HNC or HND course.
- Students who are part of our Associate Student Scheme at either the Edinburgh or Scottish Borders campuses.
- Mature students who have studied on a SWAP programme (Scottish Wider Access Programme)
- UK students with care experience, including those who have been in residential care, foster care, kinship care or looked after at home with a supervision requirement
- Students who care, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support
- Students who are estranged, meaning that they no longer have the support of their family due to a breakdown in their relationship which has resulted in no further contact.
- Students who have previously taken part in a Brightest Watts summer week / online e-week.
Deadline for applications
Our Heriot-Watt Access Bursaries and Scholarships application is currently closed. This will be re-opened in the summer for undergraduate students joining Heriot-Watt in September 2022.
You can complete the form below to express your interest and to be kept up to date with the scholarships application process. We will contact you once the application opens with more information.
Please note, this is not the application process, this is an expression of interest.