Dr John Sanders
Associate Professor in Management
Strategic fit within a University setting was the subject of my PhD. Research efforts in the past have focused on Internet portals, website quality, social networks and the market reach of rural small firms in New Zealand and Scotland. Currently, he is exploring the relationship between strategy, organisational commitment and leadership integrity.
Areas of interest
- Strategy, Management and Small Business Management
- Doctor of Philosophy, 2006, Heriot-Watt University (United Kingdom)
- Master of Business Studies, 1992, Massey University (New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Honours) 2:1, 1991, Massey University (New Zealand)
- Bachelor of Business Studies (Majoring in Marketing and Management Systems), 1990, Massey University (New Zealand)
- University Entrance, 1979, Hutt Valley High School, Lower Hutt (New Zealand)
- School Certificate, 1978, Hutt Valley High School, Lower Hutt (New Zealand)
John was born in Lower Hutt, New Zealand. Before university he worked for the New Zealand Ministry of Transport. At the completion of his master’s degree, he obtained a lectureship position with Massey University, New Zealand, and taught International Business and General Management courses. Since arriving at Heriot-Watt University in 1995, his teaching responsibilities have involved the following courses: General Management, Leadership, Small Business Management and Strategic Management.
- 2019, Nominated for a Heriot-Watt teaching Oscar