Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Our four-year BSc Computer Systems Honours degree is oriented to constructing robust and useable computing systems. We aim to teach people not only how to deploy cutting edge tools and techniques, but also help them to develop other professional skills that will enable them to communicate clearly, work independently and cooperate effectively.
In industry, commerce and the public sector, where business transactions are underpinned by technology, workplaces need individuals who can create and exploit practical and effective systems. Our graduates will move into these sectors armed with a blend of interpersonal and technical skills that will meet current needs and the needs of the organisations of the future.
The BSc (Hons) Computer Systems degree is accredited by BCS, the chartered institute for IT.
Why study Computer Systems at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Unlike other universities, ours offers a technical programme that equips students with the right skills for programming and web development.
- We carry out extensive research in computer science subjects, which feeds into our teaching programmes, keeping them relevant and up to date.
- A large percentage of our graduates get good jobs following graduation.
- We have transfer options to our Edinburgh Campus, allowing students to complete their studies in the UK.
- Students who wish to remain in Dubai after graduation can extend their studies by entering one of our postgraduate diploma programmes leading to a Master’s award.
The Computer Science Department has been delivering BCS-accredited programmes for more than 30 years.
Our Computer Systems degree is accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Engineering Council, fully meeting the academic requirement for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for a Chartered Engineer.
It’s also accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Science Council for the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Scientist.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.