English language requirements
As our programmes are taught and assessed in English, applicants must be able to prove their level of English language ability as part of the application process. This should be shown through one of the following means:
1. You have passed one of the following English Language Tests at the levels indicated (we will need to verify the results of the test and as such you will need to upload your original certificate as part of the application process).
|Test||Foundation Entry||Undergraduate Entry||Postgraduate Entry|
|IELTS Academic||5.5 (with no band below 5.0)||6.0 (with no band below 5.5)||6.5 (with no band below 6.0)|
|PTE Academic||44-49||50-57 with 51 in each component||60 overall with a minimum of 58 in each component|
|TOEFL ibt||70||78 including reading 18, listening 17, speaking 19 and writing 21||
Overall score of 90 including reading 20, listening 19, speaking 21 and writing 23
|Trinity ISE II||Pass in all components||Pass in all components|
- The test should have been passed within two years of the enrolment date of the degree for which you are applying.
- In relation to TOEFL ibt, we do not accept myBest or Superscore results
- Where tests include individual element scores, minimum scores must be achieved in one sitting
- We do not accept Duolingo
2. Successful completion of one of our Pre-Sessional English Language Programmes within one year and one month of the enrolment date of the degree programme for which you are applying.
3. Successful completion of a UK University Pre-masters / Foundations qualification. This course must have been completed within one year of the enrolment date of the degree programme for which you are applying. It is your responsibility to prove that the mark you have obtained is a pass and would enable you to continue your studies at the UK University at which the pre-masters was taught.
4. Where proof of English may be inconclusive or when it is not possible to verify the test results, the University, at its discretion, reserves the right to ask applicants to take an in-house English test or other appropriate assessment to confirm English level.
For more details on our English Language Requirements, please contact our Admission Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org