Our Dubai campus is served by a range of public and private transport options including buses, the Dubai Metro, trams and taxis.
Student transport services
We are pleased to inform you that we have identified a service provider – Hertz – who will be able to provide transport services from locations within all emirates to our campus at Dubai Knowledge Park.
If you wish to book our transportation services, please follow the below steps.
1. Firstly, please email M.Imran_Jassim@hw.ac.uk with the following details:
- Student ID
- Full name
- Student contact number
- Address and location details
2. Once you receive an email confirmation from us, please visit the Finance Office to make your payment. You have the option to pay the full amount upfront or in two equal instalments (first in September 2020 and second in December 2020).
3. Upon receipt of your payment, Hertz will contact you within seven working days to share the details of your driver who will manage your pick-up and drop-off service.
4. Please note that as an exception you will be required to make your own arrangements to reach the new (interim) campus on your first day, and a home drop off service will be provided on the same day to capture your home address and timings accurately for the pickup / drop off service henceforth.
5. Your respective transport vehicle will always be parked in front of Block 2A for pick-ups and drop-offs as per the below timing routes:
- First trip to campus at 08:45 and second trip to campus at 11:45 daily
- First trip to home at 14:15 and second trip to home at 17:15 daily
Transportation fees are as follows:
|Transport route||Annual price in AED|
|Al Ghusais, Sharjah||5,583|
|Abu Dhabi, Al Ain*||N/A|
*N.B. The transport service from/to Abu Dhabi and Al Ain is currently unavailable until further notice due to logistical challenges at present. All students will be notified once the Abu Dhabi and Al Ain transport service reopens.
Additionally, please note, should there be any government regulation restricting movement between Dubai and other emirates, transportation services along the affected route shall cease until further notice as this would be beyond our control.
KHDA COVID-19 transport protocols
In line with KHDA protocols, the following safety measures will be undertaken:
- Temperature will be scanned for anyone getting onto the bus. Anyone with a fever ≥37.50 C will be denied entry.
- Buses will be used at half capacity only
- Bus assistants who are older than 60 years, suffering from serious chronic diseases or who are immunocompromised will not be on duty
- All bus riders need to wear masks
- Bus hygiene should be maintained by following the appropriate sanitisation and physical distancing standards. For example, seat belts, arm rests, handles and rails. should be sanitised after each use, in accordance with RTA’s relevant guidelines for public transportation.
- For buses using swipe cards for registration, the cards and the swipe machine will be constantly disinfected, and the process supervised by the bus attendant
- There will be adequate signage inside the bus to users towards hygiene practices such as respiratory hygiene, waste management and more
- If a rider begins to show symptoms of COVID-19 while taking the bus, the rider is considered a probable COVID-19 case. The immediate measure is to ensure the individual is seated at two metres away from the rest. The bus attendant will immediately inform us, and we will communicate with parents/guardians. If the trip was for drop off at home, the individual should be dropped off first. If the trip was for drop off at campus, the individual should be isolated and sent home. He/she cannot return until the PCR result is obtained. If the result is negative, the he/she should not return to campus until they are symptom-free. If the result is positive, the traced contacts of the individual, including staff, and other riders on the bus are considered close contacts. They should all commence the 14-day quarantine counted from the day of the positive PCR test.