Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Our four-year BSc Computer Systems (Computer Games Programming) Honours degree is oriented to constructing robust and useable computer games. We aim to teach people not only how to deploy cutting edge games, but also help them to develop other professional skills that will enable them to communicate clearly, work independently and cooperate effectively. In the gaming industry, where business transactions are underpinned by technology, workplaces need individuals who can create effective systems. Our graduates will move into the games development industry armed with a blend of interpersonal and technical skills that will meet current needs and the needs of the organisations of the future.
The first three years of this programme and the BSc Computer Systems programme are identical, as students learn the underlying skills required to develop computer games. Then, in fourth year, students specialise by taking Computer Games Programming courses as well as completing an approved dissertation topic suitable for this specialism.
Why study Computer Systems (Computer Games Programming) at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Unlike other universities, ours offers a technical programme that equips students with the right skills for games programming.
- We carry out extensive research in computer science subjects, which feeds into our teaching programmes, keeping them relevant and up to date.
- A large percentage of our graduates get good jobs following graduation.
- We have transfer options to our Edinburgh Campus that allow students to complete their studies in the UK.
- Students who wish to remain in Dubai after graduating with an Honours degree award can extend their studies by entering one of our postgraduate Master’s programmes.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.