Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
With the Bachelor of Business Administration, particular emphasis is placed upon the knowledge and analytical skills required in business, with the focus on international management and global issues. Building on core knowledge of business issues, the programme aims to enhance the student’s personal development, team working and presentation skills. We believe that the real basis for management is experience. We will expose you to theories of management and case studies of companies, and give you the opportunity to work on specific management problems. Organisations must compete in a global marketplace and their activities cross borders and cultures.
Why study Bachelor of Business Administration at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- High quality British degree programme.
- Gain a relevant degree that matches industry needs.
- Develop and enhance your skills.
- Further your career prospects.
Students who have passed the courses designated as appropriate by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) may be considered for entry into the CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma. Entrepreneurial talent and the ability to recognise and analyse new opportunities will be encouraged and developed.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.
Course contentDetailed course guide
Students will follow introductory courses in four key subject themes of Accountancy and Finance, Economics and Management. In addition, students will take Business Skills and Critical Writing.
The key areas of management are studied and explored in greater depth through Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Commercial Law and Organisational Behaviour courses. These are complemented by Quantitative Methods as well as Accountancy and Finance options.
As student knowledge and skills grow, the emphasis switches to international issues through the study of Strategic Management, Project Management and Innovation Management. Further studies in Marketing and Accountancy and Finance options are also available.
Students develop their own interests further by undertaking a business related dissertation of their choice, supported by studies in International and Contemporary Issues in relevant Marketing, Human Resources and Management areas.
When studying for a BBA, you can expect career opportunities in the following areas: human resource management, marketing, social entrepreneurship, retail management, public sector administration, advertising management, digital marketing, project management and contracts management
Our normal entry criteria are listed below. However, please note that the final decision remains at the discretion of the course director after evaluating scores of individual relevant subjects.
Students who are eligible to be admitted directly into second year can choose to join the first year, where available. Similarly, students who are eligible to be admitted into the Advanced DEP programme can choose to join the DEP programme instead.
First year entry
- GCE A-Level CCD (or BBBB at AS-Level)
- CBSE or equivalent 65%
- American High School Diploma + SAT 1s - 1000
- UAE Tawjihiyya 80%
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma MMM
- Foundation year Successful completion of Heriot-Watt University Degree Entry Programme (Management) with a BBBB.
- African WAEC / NECO / WASSCE B2
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 70%
- Curriculum Russian/Kazakhstan (Attestat) with minimum grade of 5 + IELTS 6.0
Second year entry
- GCE A-Level CCC in relevant business subjects
- International Baccalaureate 24 points
- CBSE 75%
- American High School 70% + 3 AP at grade 4 OR Minimum 3 SAT 2’s 500 each
- Higher National Diploma (HND) PPP
- BTEC Level 3 Ext Diploma DDD
- FBISE grade 12 or equivalent – 85%
- Students with an HND, an OND Upper Credit or have completed first year at a Nigerian University with strong grades, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Transfer students from other universities may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To find out about the entry requirements for this programme, kindly call +971 4 4358700 or please send an email to email@example.com
English language requirements
Where English was not the medium of instruction at secondary school, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 Academic (with no element below 5.5).
- AED 56700 per year*
* All tuition fees inclusive of VAT
Scholarships and bursaries
See our range of degree entry, undergraduate, postgraduate taught and PhD scholarships and discounts.