Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Engineers use their imagination and knowledge of mathematics, physics and chemistry to devise, apply and manage the technologies that are fundamental to the wellbeing and advancement of society. This programme is based on our Mechanical Engineering programme, but allows students in the later years to specialise in subjects relating to automotive technology.
Automotive engineering continues to be a major employer of professional engineers, owing to the increasing challenges of producing desirable and profitable vehicles. The relevant subjects are the core Mechanical Engineering sciences together with Electronic Engineering and Materials Engineering. There is an increasing emphasis throughout on the processes of design and manufacture.
Why study Automotive Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Lay the foundations for a career in mechanical engineering in an area with an emphasis on automotive technology
- Learn about the engineering that underpins the design and operation of vehicles
- Study a subject that lets you apply the principles of mathematics and physics to the real world
- Learn the skills that will put you in a position to move into management roles as a professional engineer
- Explore the exciting worlds of transport, manufacturing, power plant, vehicle dynamics and many others
- Whatever your final career path, developing the ability to apply quantitative methods to solving problems – the basis of engineering – will be an invaluable asset.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.