Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Modern society needs high quality Mechanical Engineering graduates for their professional mechanical engineering skills and expertise. Mechanical Engineering offers an exciting environment where many skills are brought together to enable the undergraduate student to understand:
- how products are engineered, manufactured and supported
- how and where analytical engineering science and mathematics are used in design, development and research
- how the use and management of resources is important to society and business competitiveness
- how it is necessary to communicate and present concepts to engineers and non-engineers alike
Mechanical engineers play key roles in all industrial sectors, from aerospace and oil and gas, through food and transport, to the manufacturing, chemical and entertainment industries. Professional mechanical engineers are at the forefront of the management of the Earth’s natural resources, as they strive to meet the conflicting demands of the modern world, in particular the desire for ever-increasing living standards in the face of limited resources and environmental concerns.
These challenges are perhaps clearest in the field of energy production and utilisation. In many areas of the world, provision of adequate water supplies is an ever more pressing problem. As well as having vital roles in providing these basic necessities, mechanical engineers belong to teams responsible for the design and manufacture of countless articles we take for granted today, from aircraft to artificial joints.
Why study Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Lay the foundations for a career in mechanical engineering, an area with excellent and varied career prospects
- Learn how many of the devices and machines we take for granted work.
- Study a subject that lets you apply the principles of mathematics and physics to the real world
- Learn the skills that will put you in a position to move into management roles as a professional engineer
- Explore the exciting worlds of transport, manufacturing, power plant, medical engineering and many others
- Whatever your final career path, developing the ability to apply quantitative methods to solving problems – the basis of engineering – will be an invaluable asset.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.