Heriot-Watt University Dubai Campus
+971 4435 8700
Chemical engineering is about transforming raw materials into valuable and desirable products, creating durable products and services, and producing the enabling technology and know-how for a sustainable future. Chemical and biochemical engineers often have the satisfaction of being able to provide valuable input at every stage of a project – from the initial idea through to the product emerging at the end of the line and even going to market. The products of the chemical and process industries ensure that these are among the most successful and thriving types of business in the world. Chemical engineers play a vital role in achieving that success.
Our Chemical Engineering programme aims to provide students with a sound understanding of chemical engineering fundamentals to enable them to progress to professional Chartered Engineer status. In addition to a grounding in science, mathematics and engineering, our students acquire practical skills that are highly sought after by industry.
Why study Chemical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University's Dubai Campus?
- Lay the foundations for a career in chemical engineering, an area with excellent and varied career prospects.
- Learn how to create valuable products from lower cost raw materials.
- Study a subject that lets you apply the principles of mathematics and chemistry to processes in the real world.
- Learn the skills that will put you in a position to move into management roles as a professional engineer.
- Whatever your final career path, developing the ability to apply quantitative methods to solving problems – the basis of engineering – will be an invaluable asset.
The Dubai Campus is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and fully licensed to teach its degrees in Dubai. All graduates receive a British degree that is accredited by Royal Charter in the UK.