Mental health difficulties

If you experience a mental health difficulty while at the University, you can contact a professional counsellor, Mental Health Advisor, or Disability Advisor based at the University who will meet with you to discuss your issues or concerns.

The University Health Service or Mental Health Advisor can refer you to outside agencies, such as Community Mental Health Services for further specialist assessment. If your mental health means that you need additional support with your studies, the Counsellor and Disability Advisor can work with you to put in place appropriate and co-ordinated support.

More details on the support available at Heriot-Watt Edinburgh Campus can be found here: Mental Health Support Guide.

Find out more about study support.

Read our Mental Health Policy for Students.

Learn about the University Health Service.

Key information

Disability Service

+44 (0) 131 451 3386