Dyslexia and specific learning difficulties (SpLD)

If you have a Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) such as Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, AD(H)D or Dyscalculia, you should contact the Disability Service or Student Advisor before coming to Heriot-Watt University so that we have the relevant information to put any support into place. You will need to provide us with evidence of your SpLD, such as a copy of a professional written diagnosis and/or details of support that you have found helpful in the past (for example, a copy of a study support plan from school).

The support you receive will depend on your assessed needs; a range of adjustments can be put into place for you. Examples of the support we can provide include:

If you have never been formally assessed but think, or have been told, that you may have dyslexia, please contact the Disability Service as we can arrange an initial screening for you.

More detailed information about the above support can be found in our guide Support for students with specific learning difficulties.

Key information

Disability Service

+44 (0) 131 451 3386