Dubai Campus students
A warm welcome to Heriot-Watt University, Dubai. We are pleased that you will be joining us. Here you will find information to help get your university journey off to a flying start.
New students checklist
Make sure you have read through our New Student Checklist below. This checklist will take you through the practical steps that you should complete or think about before you start your studies with us.
Enrolment is the process of formally joining the University and becoming a Heriot-Watt student. You agree to abide by the rules of the University and to pay any fees, and we ask you to confirm that we have your correct details.
Enrolment will open in August and can be done through Student Self Service.
Enrolling online involves:
- Checking and updating your personal details,
- Uploading a photograph for your student card,
- Checking your programme and fees and agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- International students subject to immigration control will also need to enter their visa details.
After you complete online enrolment you will need to register for your courses online. Access to course registration may vary depending on your programme, as you may require guidance before making your choices.
On completion of online enrolment you will be given access to your University email and myHWU Student Portal through which you can access many other services and facilities.
Please note you can only enrol online once you have an unconditional offer.
Logging in to Student Self Service
Login by entering your:
- Heriot-Watt University person ID (Number beginning with H00 which can be found on any recent correspondence from us)
- PIN number (your date of birth in ddmmyy format)
The first time you log in, you will be asked to change your PIN number. Please keep these details safe, as you'll need them the next time you log in.
Upload a photograph
Please upload a photograph for your student identity card. This should be a clearly identifiable passport-style photograph taken against a white background.
If you can't upload a photograph when you enrol online, you can email a photo to DubaiStudentServices@hw.ac.uk. To avoid delays and complications when you arrive on campus, please make sure that you provide a photograph before Welcome Week.
Your induction is essential for your successful start at Heriot-Watt, and you are expected to participate.
During your induction you will have the opportunity to:
- Find out about your programme of study.
- Meet your fellow students, lecturers and find your way around the University.
- Find out what Heriot-Watt is really like and have any of your questions answered about what to expect.
- Find out more about the University's support systems and resources to help you study.
When published, timetables will be posted here.
Tuition fees will most likely be the biggest financial obligation you have, and you should make sure you understand how and when to pay these before you start with us. There may also be Scholarships and Discounts available to you, which can give you some additional support and funding during your university career.
You can contact Dubai Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Accommodation and Transport
Questions about your application or entry requirements should be sent to email@example.com.
Remember, university is more than just sitting in a lecture theatre. The sections below will give you more information on the different aspects of your university experience and the opportunities available to you whilst studying at Heriot-Watt.