Please note the layout and information in the timetable this year is slightly different due to the impact of covid-19
Which teaching events do I need to attend?
Events in the timetable are labelled as ‘All Students’ or ‘Small Group’
1. ‘All Students’ - all students are expected to participate in the event
2. ‘Small group’ – normally students are expected to participate in one or two events per week. You will be advised by your course teaching team through Vision (our virtual learning environment), which of these events you have been allocated to.
How will I know where the teaching events take place?
The events will show whether this is scheduled to a classroom or laboratory on campus, or if it is an online event:
1. Online: ‘Online Live’ with your lecturer
2. On-campus: Room number is shown (e.g. EM252, EG-LR1, 14-125/5-008)
3. Computer labs: see section below
How do I access computer labs that are timetabled?
1. If the timetables display the event as ‘online live’, the delivery is online and the computer laboratory code will indicate the lab to be accessed online through ‘Keyserver’* (e.g. Online-live, EM252).
2. If there is only the computer laboratory indicated on the timetables the delivery is on-campus (e.g. EM252).
*You will be able to access relevant computer software online using a new online tool called ‘Keyserver’. This will enable you to select the correct computer lab for a timetabled session. More information on how to use ‘Keyserver’ will be made available on the Vision for every course scheduled in the timetable.
Will there be other learning opportunities, not timetabled?
The course might include pre-recorded delivery; this type of delivery is not displayed on the timetables; the course leader will provide information on when this is available through ‘Vision’, the Virtual Learning Environment.
Some subjects will also arrange additional sessions that will be advised to you by course leaders. These may be on-campus or online.
Will the timetable change after it is published?
Every year, there will inevitably be some changes to the timetable in the next few weeks. However:
Where a course has events scheduled that are on campus – we will keep at least one on-campus event available, unless we are instructed to close a campus for a period of time due to Government instruction.
Where a course currently shows only online events – we will look to enable more on campus events available during semester 1 as the Governments in Scotland, UAE or Malaysia allows.
Semester 1 teaching timetables
How to Access Your Teaching Timetable
Important browser information
Please use Internet Explorer to view your timetables as this provides the best representation online.
Please note timetables are subject to change even after publication
Most of our teaching rooms are wheelchair accessible. All lecture theatres are fitted with infrared hearing systems.
For more detailed information on accessibility at Edinburgh Campus, please check our University information on the AccessAble website
We are constantly aiming to improve the service we offer. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our services or you would like to comment on any aspect of timetabling please e-mail email@example.com