Thinking of leaving?
Many students think about leaving university at some stage during their studies. If anything is bothering you or you are thinking about leaving, please speak to a member of staff to explore and understand what you can do. You can speak to your personal tutor, or see the contact details at your campus listed below.
There may be other options such as additional help (perhaps advice on how to improve your academic skills), a temporary suspension of studies or transferring to another programme.
On these pages you will find a range of information and advice that can help you if you are thinking about leaving:
- Overcoming obstacles to studying successfully on your programme
- Changing option courses
- Worried that you are on the wrong programme?
- Take a break from studying
- Change of mode
- Transfer to another programme at Heriot-Watt
- Transfer to a programme at another university
- Things to check, including possible financial implications
- Exploring non-university options
- Withdrawing from University
Here to help
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com. We can advise you by email and/or arrange a meeting with you via Microsoft Teams.
Scottish Borders, Orkney, Dubai and Malaysia campuses
Please contact the student advisors listed below.
Edinburgh Campus: Student Advisors
Scottish Borders Campus: Student Advisor
Dubai Campus: Student Service Centre
Malaysia Campus: Student Service Centre
- +603 8894 3610