Leaders with Impact Scholarship
In collaboration with FWD Takaful Berhad and Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman, the Leaders with Impact Scholarship supports our university’s vision to enable talented students to access a Heriot-Watt education, provide educational financial support, build career, life skills, regardless of their background or circumstances in life.
This scholarship supports Malaysian youth from B40 families and envisions to provide opportunities for:
- greater participation
- inclusivity for students from low-income families
- improve the quality of lives of B40 community.
** The Department of Statistics, Malaysia (DOSM) defines the B40 group as households with income below RM4,850.
We seek to provide this scholarship to up to ten (10) students who have completed SPM/STPM/UEC or equivalent examination. Successful candidates will be awarded with Leaders with Impact Scholarship with 100% tuition fee, and a cost-of-living allowance of up to RM1,300 per month for the entire duration of study.
The successful scholar is required to serve a scholarship bond upon graduation from the course, in the form of fulltime employment, with the scholarship sponsor. The bond period is subject to the scholarship sponsor’s policies and guidelines.
- All Malaysian students who have sat for SPM/STPM/UEC or equivalent examination planning to pursue studies at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
- Student from low-income background, particularly from B40 family with verifiable financial needs.
(**B40 defined as total household income below RM4,850 per month)
- Students who have achieved excellent academic results (official results from the Ministry of Education or relevant agencies) in the above-mentioned examinations as follows:
|Undergraduate Programme||STPM and UEC Meet minimum entry requirement for HWUM Undergraduate Programme.|
Other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis, at the sole discretion of Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Applicants should submit the application for admission to study at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia through our online admissions system, which will require to provide:
- SPM/STPM/UEC or equivalent qualification transcription
- Confirmation of B40 status – parent’s EA form / Parent’s pay slip
- A personal statement (max. 2 pages), which must outline your academic and extra curricular achievements to date and explain why you are interested to apply for this scholarship.
Applicants must indicate “Leaders with Impact Scholarship” as the Name of Sponsorship or Sponsor under the funding section within the online application form.
|Closing Date||Intake Semester||Programme||Application|
|25 March 2023||April 2023||Foundation Programme||Required to apply using actual SPM result|
|24 June 2023||July 2023||Foundation Programme||Required to apply using actual SPM result|
|1 August 2023||September 2023||Foundation Programme||Required to apply using actual SPM result|
|1 August 2023||September 2023||Undergraduate Programme||Required to apply using actual STPM/UEC result|
Review and Selection
Applications will be reviewed by a two-stage process:
- Schools will review all the applications and select a shortlist of the very best candidates to present to the HWUM Selection Committee for consideration.
- The HWUM Selection Committee will make the final decision.
Up to twenty (20) students will be selected from the final interview by our Selection Committee.
Find out more
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please contact MyScholarship@hw.ac.uk