Sin Chew Education Fund
Sin Chew Education Fund was established to aid poor or needy students to further their tertiary studies in Malaysia.
In partnership with Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Sin Chew offers scholarships to the following programmes:
- Accounting and Business Finance
- Business and Finance
- International Business Management
- International Business Management with Marketing/Human Resource Management/Enterprise
Applicants must fulfil the following academic requirements:
- A Levels/STPM: AAB
- UEC: 6A
- IB Diploma: 32 pts
- CPU: 85%
- ATAR: 85%
- Matriculation/Foundation/Diploma from other institution: CGPA 3.5 or 90%
How to apply:
- Applicant is required to register online as a member via Sin Chew Daily Education Fund Official website.
- Once successfully registered, the applicant must log in to activate the E-application form through Sin Chew Education Fund website.
- The E-application form must be completely filled and printed out.
- Upon signing the printed application form, please attach the relevant documents, and post to the address as shown below.
- Picture reference for documents submission: download.
Sin Chew Daily Education Fund
Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad (Corp Comm & Promotion Dept)
19 Jalan Semangat,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Note: Proof of posting is not proof of receipt.
Star Education Fund - 1821 Appeal - Leaders with Impact Scholarship
This scholarship supports Malaysian youth from B40 families** and envisions to provide opportunities for:
- greater participation
- inclusivity for students from low-income families
- the improvement of quality of life among the B40 community.
** The Department of Statistics, Malaysia (DOSM) defines the B40 group as households with a monthly income below RM4,850.
This scholarship seeks to sponsor up to two (2) students who have completed SPM/STPM/UEC or an equivalent examination. Successful candidates will be awarded with Star Education Fund - 1821 Appeal - Leaders with Impact Scholarship, which consists of a 100% tuition fee waiver and a living allowance of up to RM1,300 per month for the entire duration of study.
The successful scholar is required to serve a scholarship bond upon graduation from the programme in the form of full-time employment with Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. The bond period is subject to the scholarship sponsor’s policies and guidelines.
- All Malaysian students who sat for SPM/STPM/UEC or an equivalent examination, and who is planning to pursue their studies at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
- Students from a low-income background, particularly from a B40 family with verifiable financial needs.
- Students who have achieved excellent academic results (official results from the Ministry of Education or relevant agencies) in the above-mentioned examinations as follows:
|Foundation Programme||SPM 5Bs and above (with minimum C in English)|
STPM BBB and above (with minimum MUET Band 4 in English)
Other equivalent qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
How to apply:
- Download the application form.
- Complete the Scholarship Application Form and submit it with the required documents to the stated address.
- Only shortlisted scholarship applicants will be notified.
Completed applications must reach:
The Star Education Fund
Star Media Group Berhad
15 Jalan 16/11 Section 16
46350 Petaling Jaya Selangor
Within two (2) weeks after the release of SPM or STPM results. Late applications will not be considered.
Professional Bodies Bursary
Heriot-Watt Corporate Partnership Postgraduate Bursary
The Heriot-Watt Corporate Partnership Postgraduate Bursary* is a concession package for students who are applying to our postgraduate programmes in a group of more than 1 from the same company. This is applicable for local, international, part-time or full-time students.
*Only applies to postgraduate taught programmes
How Does It Work?
• Up to 3 employees of the same organisation enrolling for any postgraduate programme within the same intake will each be entitled to a 25% reduction in fees.
• 4 or more employees of the same organisation enrolling for any postgraduate programme within the same intake will each be entitled to a 30% reduction in fees.
Professional Bodies Bursary
A 10% tuition fee waiver is offered to all members of the following professional bodies, and also to all spouses and/or children of the members.
Please contact the Scholarship Office at MYScholarship@hw.ac.uk for further information.
• The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM)
• The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
• The Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII)
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM)
Important Note: All fees are subject to change without prior notice. Semester fees are payable in advance & must be fully paid before the start date of the semester.