National Higher Education Fund (PTPTN)
Loan eligibility requirements
To receive this loan, students must:
- Be a Malaysian citizen, pursuing full time undergraduate programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM).
- Aged 45 and below
- Study duration upon application must not be less than one (1) year.
- Not receiving any financial assistance from other bodies.
- Have a SSPN1M-1 account (account number should have 15 digits)
|Category/Field||Science/Engineering (RM)||Social Science (RM)|
|Parent with BRIM||14,030||13,600|
|Parent with combined income below RM8,000||10,520||10,200|
|Parent with combined income above RM8,001||7,010||6,800|
Online Loan Application Process
- Purchase a PTPTN PIN number at BSN counter, or buy online from PTPTN, at RM5.
- Open an SSPN1M-1 15 digit account with a minimum of RM20 savings.
- Provide a Maybank personal savings account number (required).
Documents to prepare
- Print out of 'Agreement' from PTPTN website.
- Copy of your undergraduate offer letter.
- RM10 Duty Stamp (2 pieces) from the Malaysian post office
The University's Code: BR6
List of courses approved for PTPTN loans:
|MA (Hons) Accounting and Business Finance||D3079|
|BBA (Hons) Business Administration||D3077|
|MA (Hons) Business and Finance||D3078|
|MA (Hons) International Business Management||D3083|
|MA (Hons) International Business Management with Year Abroad||D3082|
|MA (Hons) International Business Management with Enterprise||D3084|
|MA (Hons) International Business Management with Human Resource Management||D3085|
|MA (Hons) International Business Management with Marketing||D3086|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology||D3076|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology with Management||D3074|
|BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science||D3067|
|BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering||D3068|
|BSc (Hons) Construction Project Management||D3069|
|BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering||D3070|
|BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering||D3071|
|BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering||D3072|
|BSc (Hons) Statistical Data Science||D3184|
|BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying||D3075|
|MEng in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||D3080|
|MEng in Civil Engineering||D3081|
|MEng in Chemcial Engineering||D3182|
|MEng in Mechanical Engineering||D3181|
September intake: 30 September/31 October
January intake: 31 January/28 February