- Course code
- KPT/JPS (N/311/6/0075)(PA5343) 08/20
- Delivery type
- 3 years
- Intake date
Our Psychology degrees equip you with an understanding of human behaviour and the skills to apply your knowledge to an inclusive and productive society.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
+603 8894 3888
Psychology is the scientific study of the relationship between mind and behaviour. It asks why people, in general, behave as they do and why some people behave in unexpected or atypical ways. Findings from psychological study help us to enhance people’s everyday experiences and improve lives.
Psychologists employ a wide range of research skills such as observation, surveys and experiments. This Bachelor’s degree aims to introduce you to these scientific methods and the critical evaluations that go into answering important questions from a psychological perspective.
The psychology component of the programme (70%) covers the discipline’s main areas, namely social psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, biological psychology, individual differences and research methods, and emphasises their application to various employment-related contexts. The management component of the programme (30%) introduces a range of topics that are relevant to Psychology such as consumer behaviour, marketing, human resource management and project management.
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching methods range from lectures, tutorial classes and mentor sessions, to computer-based laboratory activities supported by group and individual projects. Assessment is by examination, coursework, presentations, group project and individual project, the balance being appropriate to the different teaching methods used in the courses.
- Cognitive Psychology 1
- Human Development and Intelligence
- Research Methods and Analysis 3
- Research Methods and Analysis 4
- Cognitive Psychology 2
- Social Psychology
- Philosophy and History of Psychology
- Human Resource Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Cognition Across Life Span
- Research method and Analysis 5
- Research Method and Analysis 6
- Intelligence at Work
- Social Cognition and Personality
- Industrial Training
- Business Venturing
- Resourcing and Talent Management
- Innovation Management
- Critical Approaches to Management
- Research Project
- Psychology of Education
- Advanced social psychology
- Changing Trends in Employment
- The Contemporary Workforce
- Industrial and Organisational Psychology
- Cognition and Emotion
- Psychology and Mental Health
Graduates will be well-prepared for business-related employment. Psychology graduates generally progress to a wide variety of careers including business, teaching, counselling, nursing, social work, probation work and market research. Psychology graduates may also progress in the profession itself by training as clinical, educational, forensic, health or sports psychologists.
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science or Foundation in Business: CCCC
- A-Level/STPM: CCC*
- SAM: ATAR 70
- CPU: 70%
- UEC: 3A 2B
- SMA 3 (Indonesia): 7.5
- IB Diploma: 25 points
- Diploma recognised by the Malaysian Government, acceptable to the University.
- or any other relevant qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.
*with minimum C in Science and Maths at SPM/O-Level or equivalent
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0 is required.
If you do not have IELTS 6.0, we offer a Pre-Sessional English Programme (PSEP) prior to commencing your studies.