Tier 4 Student Visa
On this page you will find information on applying for a Tier 4 Student Visa:
You will also find information on:
UKVI Action Fraud Campaign
Every year, the UK receives tens of thousands of applications from international students who wish to study at our world class institutions for Tier 4 visas, with 96% of these being successfully issued in 2018.
Unfortunately, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) have identified that international students are sometimes being targeted by fraudsters either before they reach or upon arrival in the UK.
UKV&I have teamed up with Action Fraud to produce a guidance pack for international students to provide information on keeping safe against fraudulent activity.
- If you receive an unexpected email, telephone call or letter from someone who claims to be from the Home Office, it could be a scam
- Legitimate Home Office officials will never contact you and ask you to pay visa fees or fines over the phone
- Neither the Home Office nor UKVI will ask you to make payment using iTunes vouchers, gift cards, cryptocurrency or a money transfer service
What should I do if I receive an unexpected communication?
If you receive a communication from the Home Office that you are not sure is genuine, you should:
- Contact the Global Student Office at Heriot-Watt University with details of the communication you have received. You can email email@example.com and one of our Global Student Advisors will then be able to investigate if the communication is genuine
- Report the communication to Action Fraud by calling 0300 123 2040