We provide support to Heriot-Watt University researchers develop, construct and cost research proposals to a wide variety of funders:
- we work flexibly to provide the level of support required by each individual or group
- we provide information on funding policy, funding opportunities, indicators of success for particular schemes
- we run an annual programme of events on particular aspects of research or research funders
- we support development of research proposal including mock panels, interviews
- we coordinate internal selection, development of strategic bids and bids that the HWU can submit only limited number of applications
- we provide support on external submission systems
- we are the last online approval for your externally funded project
- we set up your awards and provide information on the process.
Please get in touch with us if you are interested in applying for a research grant: firstname.lastname@example.org
External Fellowship Candidates
Fellowship College rounds are held quarterly in February, May, August and November.
The upcoming internal deadlines for 2021 are:
- 28th May
- 31st August
- 26th November
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Postdoctoral Fellowships help experienced researchers advance their careers and gain new skills through training, international, intersectoral and international mobility. Previously called Individual Fellowships, these are aimed at researchers who are already in possession of a doctoral degree, and at the call deadline have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent research experience. Career breaks, working outside research, research outside of EU (for reintegrating researchers) will not be considered.
- Horizon Europe 2021 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA)
- MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021 (submission deadline 15 September 2021)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships (under MSCA)
The deadline is Wednesday 30th June 2021 for contacting the Research Development Team on firstname.lastname@example.org