Information is a vital University asset and its effective management underpins the University’s mission and the achievement of Strategy 2025.
The University’s commitment to effective records management is set out in the Information Governance and Records Management Policy.
Policies and guidelines that support and enable the effective management of University information include:
- What information to keep, and for how long: The University’s retention schedules
- Email and Messaging Policy and Guidelines
- Student Records Management Policy
- Leaver management checklist for managers
- Social Media Policy for Employees and Contractors
- Social Media Guidelines for Employees and Contractors
There is no one piece of legislation that summarises the University’s records management responsibilities. Some of the legislation that has implications for the way we manage information is listed at:
University staff can obtain further information and guidance from the Information Governance Intranet Hub: